Thursday, October 1, 2009

24 at 24th 09-09

After two years and two months of learning and toiling in my workplace, I was finally given the chance to file my vacation leave for 15days starting september 15-30. I was excited, I even listed the things that I must do during my leave. What's more exciting about it was I will be celebrating my birthday with my family at our home.

I spent the first 3days of my leave here in davao to win souls, spend time with my spiritual daughters and spiritual family. Finally, the day came when I had to go home to be a child to my papa and mama. For two years, I made our house like a hotel. I went home only when I have enough time and stay there at most two nights and 3 days... Pa and ma were waiting for the oppurtunity for me to be with them again in longer days like I had before. When I got home, I was welcomed dearly by my parents, aunties, uncles and lolos. They prepared my favorite dishes and friuts... I just love to be a daughter, a grandaughter and a niece.

However, amidst all these blessing, I wasn't that joyful in my first few days there because all the while I was physically at home but my mind was left here...huhu... there were times when i was thingking of my birthday and I thought it will just be an ordinary day for me because I don't have the eagulz family and other close friends to give me surprises on that one special day in my life... I prayed and told God that I want to be happy. I told Him that on my birthday, he will be the one to surprise me....

Twenty-forth day of September came, and I turned 24 years old. I'm on my Sabathical year and it may be the last year of being inoscent of my honey's name...haha... Just before I started my devo early that day, mama came into my room, she gtreeted me and kissed me... I just missed her so much... I spent the entire morning watching over our carinderia and reading the text greetings I received from a lot of people while my parents and other few family friends were busy preparing for our dinner celebration... I didn't received a birthday card from a special someone like I used to have on my birthday and I didn't have any surprise from my friends (because I'm hours away from them, I'm quite sure that they could have it
if only I was with them)... These stuffs usually made me excited on my birthday. But little did I expect that God prepared something for me... Someone came into our home and delivered two tubes of ice cream, we did not made any order for it and I was surprised to learn that my uncle is the one behind it... I did not expect it from Him to give me something because I didn't see him as a thoughtful and caring person... Another gift came from another uncle (just a family friend), it was also unexpected from him... Various gifts were also given by my aunties and lolo that day... Those gifts were not the reason that made my day worth remembering, rather it was the people who gave them to me and who celebrated with me...

I know God is great but He is greater than what we could think of Him... More surprises are coming from Him.... No mind has imagined what he prepared for us... There's more, so much more...

2 comments:

Blessy said...

twenty four is such a sweet age. anyway, sis your stilettos will come. te mura lagi ka ug artista didto sa inyu noh? hehe. im proud of you. dont forget you are loved everywhere you go.

pasto♛ej said...

hala, ano gift ni mamawaj? :p tsktsktsk

Post a Comment