Thursday, November 12, 2009

the problem?

Few days ago, I heard my former workmate sharing her problem to our senior nurse. I learned that she is having a hard time moving on from her break up with his long distance boyfriend. she broke up with him just a month ago. This lady used to be jolly and blooming, but now she's quite different. her looks cannot deny that she was depressed.

Recently, I also learned that one of our classmates in high school has been struggling because of a broken seven-year relationship with her boyfriend. I was saddened all the more when I learned that some friends of mine in the family of Christ are having a hard time because of the thing they call "love".

It's not yet february, we're still on our way to christmas season yet "love" seems to be the issue in the air. I think this proves that love is not just for valentines day its for everyday. Love seemed to be the problem... was it? If so, is it still love?

I thought I knew what love is. I even thought that I loved so well. And it was so humiliating to know that I knew nothing about it. Yes, it was humiliating, nevertheless I will never regret that I was humiliated rather than never realizing the truth. It was when I personally met the LOVE HIMSELF that I truly understood and experienced it.

Love is such a wonderful thing. 1 Corinthians 13 says that love is patient and kind. It is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable and it keeps no record of being wronged. As described, love cannot cause indifference, heartaches and tears but rather peace, hope and joy.

I believe anyone among us will really have a hard time in this thing called love if we haven't met LOVE HIMSELF and if we try to do things our way rather than allowing LOVE HIMSELF to do HIS way through us.

6 comments:

pawayusa98 said...

Hi Weng... unsa man? =)

i like the way you resolved a misconception on [love] by quoting it back to 1 Cor. 13 =)

Truly, God is love Himself. A person cannot give [true love] without first receiving it... and there's no other source of that [love] except God.

Love's role has been narrowed down to just the boy-girl relationship... but I believe that the best place to start nurturing [true love] is inside our [own families]. =)

Hey, do you think you've ever fallin' in-love? I mean, the do-it-youself or do-it-your-own-way kind of it? =D

True love is too evasive... not unless, we chase it with prayers aligned to God's will. Beleive me, [God does speak.] ;)

wengky said...

hi kuya... wow! you are learning our language...hehe.
want a tutor?

Amazing tlga LOVE ni LORD...

Yes kuya, I agree that the best place to start nurturing true love is inside our home... i believe that we can't trully love others without learning to love our own family first.

Did I experience the "do-it-my-way"? haha!!! yes, I did but never again by the grace of God and with the help of my spiritual family.

Kuya, it seems you've become an expert in this... syempre KUYA ka nga.

pray tlga!!!! God speaks...

pawayusa98 said...

>> language---hehe... natututo yata sa FB =D

>> tutor?---hmmm... ru free? if u r, ru effective? nakz! demanding! hehehe :p (joke lang ding)

>> "amazing tlga LOVE ni LORD..."---nothing compares. =)

>> family first---if u wanna know one's true personality daw, tumira ka sa house nila ng at least a month =D

>> "do-it-your-way"---huy magkuento ka dali! hahaha :p seriously, our Christian family are really crucial to getting free from the do-it-yourself prison. ;)

>> an expert kuya---waaaaaah! pano mo alam? hihi :p haaaaaaaaay... those were my days of folly ading... the easiest way to mess up urself is the do-it-ur-own-way style of living your life---apart from God. If you only know the mess I've been, you won't even be talking to me now... But it's [grace]... God redefines [grace] mess after every mess I've been into... Christ truly has the power to change one's life... i didn't deserve this chance but i know God has a purpose... recovery is even a tougher road and like you, i owe it to my spiritual family and to Jesus above all. =)

>> Prayer---aaaaaah... i'm spiritually dead without it. =)

wengky said...

* pwede ako maging tutor pero mahal ang talent fee ko... hehe... c corky magaling un na tutor.

* oo nga noh, makikilala mo tlga ang isang tao if you'll be with that person in their house or in the same house ng ilang weeks...

* c terej na lng mg kwento kuya... hehe, if you can convince her...hehe. silent mode pa naman ako ngaun... SABATHICAL YEAR. I'm almost done by the grace of God... sa tulong din ni terej.

* i think you've become an expert because of what you've been through in the past... alam ko, kasi sympre mas matanda ka mas madami da nang na learn compared to me...

pawayusa98 said...

>> talent fee---huh?! hindi ba puedeng [love gift] na lang? akala ko kasi ministry mode ang tutorial... tsk tsk... hehe :p

>> "c terej na lng mg kwento kuya..."---hala... bakit siya? hindi pa naman kami close... kaw na lang magsabi na siya magkuento para mas legal... hihihi ;) =D

>> SABATHICAL YEAR---para saan po toh? i mean, ang [silence]???


>> "i think you've become an expert"---ayan na naman po ang "expert"... ayaw kong maging destination ang salitang "expert" kasi baka mamaya tumigil na rin ako sa [pagtuto]... learning is lifelong, db ading? ;)

>> "past"---let's forget the past except its lessons. =)

>> "kasi sympre mas matanda ka"---kaw naman... ni-i-emphasize mo na naman ang katandaan ko... tsk tsk tsk... nasasaktan na ako dingz... naks! :p

**Lets fall in-love with Jesus, perpetually. =)

wengky said...

hi kuya gen!

cge, for free and for the Lord tuturuan kitang mag-bisaya if ever pupunta ka dito davao...

sabathical year.... rest... I'm having a rest in the area of emotion,hehe.. napagud kasi ako..hehe... seriously, yes, I'm having my sabathical year, it was not easy, grabe ang character formation na ginawa and ginagawa ni Lord sa kin... after all these syempre my reward... yehey... ngayon pa nga lng my reward na... being formed by the Lord is a very great reward... next year by faith I believe my BONUS akong matanggap ky Lord..haha...

pero.. the best thing that really happened to me was being loved by the Lord and loving Him too...

Post a Comment